CITY OF GALT CLOSES PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND CANCELS EVENTS DUE TO COVID-19
Effective March 17, 2020, all City of Galt public facilities will be closed in order to protect against the spread of the coronavirus known as COVID-19. City Staff will continue to work from the facilities and the public may call or email for services. In limited circumstances special appointments will be allowed. The move follows the City’s declaration of a local emergency due to COVID-19 on March 13, 2020.
Both a special and regular City Council meeting will each be held on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, beginning at 5:45 p.m. but public participation will be limited based on social distancing guidance issued by federal authorities and the state of California. A total of 10 persons will be authorized to occupy the Council Chambers, including council members, staff and public. However, the City Council meetings will be live streamed at http://pbtech.org/clients/galt/galtlive600.php. Because of the social distancing requirements, members of the public are encouraged to watch the meeting on live stream and provide public comment and comment on agendized items by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Public comments will be read and entered into the record.
During the City facility closure period, members of the public can contact the City departments at the following telephone numbers. If an in-person meeting is required, we will work with you to schedule an appointment:
• Public Works - 209-366-7260
• Community Development/Building - 209-366-7200
• Parks and Recreation - 209-366-7180
• Finance and Utility Billing Information - 209 366-7150
• City Manager / City Clerk - 209-366-7130
• Human Resources - 209-366-7103
• Sewer and Water Emergencies, 209-366-7000, before 7:30 am and after 5:30 pm on Mon.-Th., all day Fri., Weekends, and Holidays.
• A full listing of contact numbers is available at: http://www.ci.galt.ca.us/about-galt/city-contact-information
The Galt Police Department will remain open during the COVID-19 crisis and is located at 455 Industrial Drive, Galt
• Dial 911 for life threatening emergency assistance.
• Call 209-366-7000 for non-emergency police assistance.
The City has also cancelled or postponed the following special events:
Postponed Special Events
• Earth Day Celebration – Postponed until Fall
• Shred-It Event – Postponed to a future date.
• Meals On Wheels – Last meals were sent out by contractor on March 16, 2020 and will be closed for a minimum of 3 weeks
Cancelled Special Events
• 11th Annual Eggstravaganza on April 4, 2020 has been cancelled.
• Tequila Festival on May 30, 2020 has been cancelled.
• Galt Market is closed for the month of March 2020.
• Parks and Recreation programming is postponed through April 5, 2020.
• City park facilities are closed to group use through April 5, 2020.
The City will issue additional releases as conditions warrant or information changes. Please watch the City’s website at www.ci.galt.ca.us for further information on potential cancellations and postponements.