Building Permit Applications may be printed out and completed by hand. All relevant information is required. The completed, signed form may be submitted in person, mailed or delivered to the Building Department at 495 Industrial Drive, Galt, CA or faxed to (209) 744-1642 (if applicable). Please note: The estimated plan-check fee must be paid at the time of submittal. Remaining permit fees will be due and payable upon issuance of the permit. Fees may be paid by cash or check only (no credit cards).
If you have questions about a form, call our office at (209) 366-7200 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday, closed on Fridays. If the form you are looking for is not listed here, it is not yet available online. We will be adding new materials to this site regularly, so check back often. You also may call and request that a form be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to you.
- Plan Set for Assessor Notice
- NEW - Effective 1-1-2020 Document Submittal Checklist - Commercial Projects
- Document Submittal Checklist - Residential Projects
- Document Submittal Checklist - Swimming Pools
- Patio Covers - Pre Manufactured
- PV Tool Kit (AB 2188 Implementation)
- Do I need an Architect to draw my plans?
- 2016 Accessibility Upgrade Summary Form
- Re-Roof - Non Residential Cool Roofs
- Re-Roof - Residential Cool Roofs
- Structural Observer Designation Form
- Structural Observation Procedures
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Tenant Improvement Permit Application
- Typical Framing Details w/Span Allowances
- Water Heater Installation Requirements