COME EARLY FOR THE BEST PARKING & BEST SELECTION!
Open Tuesday and Wednesday Rain or Shine!
All Year Except Christmas Day.
Tuesday and Wednesday market days are very different, allowing us to offer a large variety of merchandise and meet the needs of a wonderful cross-section of customers.
TYPES OF MERCHANDISE
Types of merchandise available at our Market include the following:
adult and children sizes, dresses, jeans, special occasion outfits, lingerie, school uniforms, shoes, socks, caps/hats, sports-related jackets and shirts, purses, hair accessories.
phones, radios, speakers, accessories, etc.
- Home Decor
silk and real flowers individually or as completed arrangements, fabric, trimmings, linens, bedding, shelving, glassware, and ceramics.
gold and silver, custom, watches, findings, gems.
plants (silk, real), topiaries, outdoor statuary, picnic tables and decorative wood items.
- Miscellaneous Items
wallets, kitchen tools, pottery, etc.
framed and unframed, as well as frames.
- Portable Shelters
pop-up type, as well as poles, tarps and accessories.
wrapping paper and bags, cards and related accessories.
American, Spanish, South American.
imported and domestic
power, hand, gloves, tool belts, other accessories.
- Wood Products
finished and unfinished: furniture, shelves and decorative items.
Parking is at a premium after about 8:30 a.m. so consider coming early for the greatest convenience.
Shop here on Tuesday or Wednesday and leave your weekends free for those other projects and fun things you want to do! Feel free to cross-reference the Galt District Chamber of Commerce listing of their membership to help maximize your visit.
SEASONAL CHANGES AT THE MARKET
The Galt Market is entirely an outdoor market and is highly dependent on the weather. General vendor attendance tends to be down somewhat during January, February and March, depending on how rainy it is. For shoppers interested in more relaxed shopping, the Market is less crowded and vendors have a greater opportunity to get to know their customers better. Parking is also far easier.
During Spring Break, the Summer months and the Holiday Season, the Market is usually very crowded and parking is at a premium. We often have to turn excess vendors away due to lack of space and customers may find parking a problem between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. During these most popular months, we encourage customers to come between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
Many of the vendors carry seasonal merchandise so that special bargains are available all year round. The Produce Market in particular reflects seasonal offerings. Consider making the Galt Market a regular stop for many of your shopping needs!
- Come early, avoid the crowds, get the best bargains, and the best parking!
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Dress for the weather. Bring a hat for sunny days.
- On hot days be sure to drink plenty of fluids during your visit.
- If you have any questions, or need special services such as carry-out assistance, please stop by the Market Office.
- Be aware that not every vendor comes every week, particularly when they go on buying trips. In addition to the reserved vendors noted in the Current Vendor Listing, wonderful daily vendors always add to the product mix on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- To insure your complete satisfaction, examine your purchases carefully before leaving the vendor and be sure to verify return and exchange policies. Be sure to obtain the vendor's name, phone number, address, and Galt Market space number in case you have any questions or wish to reach the vendor in the future for additional merchandise.
- Should you have an emergency, contact the Market Office or any staff person and we will gladly assist you.
- AAA service is in town, as are several convenient repair/tire facilities.
- Our staff is trained by both the Police Department and the Fire District to respond to your needs and coordinate with both of these services.
- If you bring small children, we encourage the use of strollers or harnesses. Should you and your child become separated, please notify any Market staff person and we will promptly assist you.