- Employment applications are accepted for open positions only.
- Applications for full-time positions are accepted at www.ci.galt.ca.us/index.aspx?page=674
- Applications for part-time positions are accepted at www.ci.galt.ca.us/index.aspx?page=674
- A completed City of Galt application is required to be considered for any open position.
- A completed supplemental questionnaire may be required for certain positions.
- A separate application must be completed for each position.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application, but may be submitted as a supplement to the application.
Application materials must be received by the City of Galt Human Resources Department no later than the recruitment deadline. Closing date postmarks and faxed applications will not be accepted.
- All application materials are reviewed, and those considered to best match the needs of the City will be invited to appear for an interview, testing, or both. Please note that meeting the minimum requirements on the job announcement does not guarantee inclusion in the interview and/or testing process. All applicants will be notified of their status upon completion of the recruitment process. Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the interview/testing process must inform the Human Resources Department in writing by the final filing date.
Employment is contingent upon:
- Successful background and reference checks
- Fingerprint clearance
- Completion of a pre-employment physical examination, including drug testing for specific positions.
After an offer of employment, the candidate will be required to submit verification of their legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).