Online Crime Reporting System
We hope you find this system convenient and easy to use. We are offering this system to the public to enhance our customer service by providing alternative methods of reporting crimes. Some of the benefits of reporting crimes online include:
Reports Filed Anytime, Anywhere
You can file a report anytime, anywhere with an internet connection, and you do not have to wait for an officer to be dispatched.
All collected information is securely transferred to the servers through an encrypted channel.
Immediate Report Copy
You can immediately print a temporary copy of the report after filing it. An official copy with a permanent case number will be emailed to you once it is approved by an approving officer (within 5 days). This would normally take 5-10 business days and there would be a cost per page for a printed copy.
If you have any questions on using this system, please feel free to contact us via the form at the bottom this page and we will respond as quickly as possible.
CRITERIA FOR FILING A REPORT ONLINE
If this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1
Do not use this system if:
- The incident is in progress.
- Evidence or information present which may lead to the suspect's apprehension or arrest.
- The incident just occurred and there is a likelihood the suspect may still be in the area.
- The incident did not occur within the Galt City limits.
You cannot report the following incidents online:
- Violent Crimes- assault, kidnapping, robbery, etc.
- Sex Crimes- rape, sexual assault, etc.
- Stolen Vehicles
- Lost or Stolen License Plates
- Traffic Accidents
- Child Abuse
If none of these conditions apply, the following types of incidents can be reported online:
- Thefts without suspect information when the property value is under $2500.00, excluding firearms and materials threatening to public safety, i.e. explosives or highly toxic substances.
- Garage burglaries without forced entry or suspect information and where there are no evidentiary items left behind by the suspect (fingerprints, tools, etc.)
- Attempt stolen vehicles without suspect information.
- Vandalism and Graffiti without suspect information, which is not a Hate Crime.
- Lost and or found property reports.
- Hit and run accidents without a valid suspect license plate or current location of suspect vehicle.
- Identity Theft without a local suspect.
- Annoying phone calls without suspect information.
When you have completed your report, you will be given a temporary case number and you will be able to print a copy of the information you submitted. Upon formal case approval, you will receive a permanent case number and a copy of your approved report will be emailed to you.
Need some help or have questions about the system? Call us at 209-366-7000 for assistance.