The City Manager's Update is a regular news briefing that is provided to the citizens of Galt. The Update includes important City news, updates on key initiatives and projects, and how the City is delivering services and responding to any concerns from our community.
Eugene M. Palazzo, City Manager
BI-WEEKLY REPORT - April 21, 2017
Drug Take Back Day
The Galt Police Department will again partner with the Drug Enforcement Administration for the 13th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. Medications no longer needed, have expired, or otherwise require disposal can be taken to our collection site at the Galt Police Department on Saturday, April 29, 2017, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Drug Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and ecologically responsible method of prescription drug disposal while also educating the public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Neighborhood Watch Meeting Reminders
• Monday, April 24, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Regional Neighborhood Watch Meeting will be held at New Hope Church, 200 New Hope Road.
• Wednesday, April 26, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm, Heritage Senior Park, 700 2nd Street; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Galt Place Senior Apartments, 400 D Street; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Three Palms Mobile Estates, 604 Pringle Avenue. Topic is addressing the concerns of Galt’s senior citizens.
• Saturday, April 29, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, neighborhood watch block party, Cinnamon Drive. Topics will include crime trends, Walker Park activity, traffic and graffiti.
Lynn Hutchinson, Property and Evidence Clerk, received a Meritorious Service Award at a recent California Association of Property Evidence (CAPE) Conference. This award is given to a CAPE member who “goes above and beyond the call of duty in serving their community from inside and outside of their workplace.”
Formation of Groundwater Sustainability Agency
A public hearing will be conducted as part of the May 2 council meeting to consider establishing the City of Galt as a Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) for that portion of the Cosumnes Subbasin underlying the city limits of Galt. Notice has been published in the Galt Herald and information regarding GSA Formation will be available at City Hall, Public Works and the Marian O. Lawrence Library as well as on the City’s website.
4th Street Improvements Update
The contractor will begin site preparation work next week on 4th Street, between A and F Streets. Preparation work includes clearing and saw-cutting affected areas, protecting existing trees, and locating utilities. Periodic emails will be sent to affected businesses regarding the project status, including options for parking.
• Shred Event, May 6, Galt Market, 9:00 am (once truck reaches capacity, event will be over).
• Chamber Food Truck Event, May 6, C Street (between 4th and 5th Streets).
• Bike Safe Rodeo, May 6, Chamber Food Truck Event, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Police Department and Liberty Ranch High School National Honor Society).
Archived City Manager Updates