The Economic Development Division is dedicated to providing support to our local businesses through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update this page as additional resources become available.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Offers guidance on the new Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), including the Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loans, SBA Debt Relief, SBA Express Bridge Loans and various other SBA products and resources. Live agents are available to provide guidance and assistance at 1-800-659-2955.
- Paycheck Protection Program Overview
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
As part of the federal CARES Act, the new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program helps unemployed Californians who are business owners, self-employed, independent contractors, have limited work history, and others not usually eligible for regular state UI benefits who are out of business or services are significantly reduced as a direct result of the pandemic. These benefits are being coordinated through the CA Employment Development Department .
- U.S. International Revenue Service, Coronavirus Tax Relief - Resources to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Includes coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the costs of providing coronavirus-related leave. IRS extends filing deadline and federal tax payments until July 15, 2020.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Comprehensive guide of COVID-19 resources and relief information available for small businesses.
Save Small Business Fund is a grantmaking initiative offering short-term relief for small employers impacted by COVID-19. Funded by corporate and philanthropic partners, the Save Small Business Fund is a collective effort to provide $5,000 grants to as many small employers as possible. Application period opens on April 20, 2020 at 12:00PM PT.
- U.S. Department of Labor – The Wage and Hour Division provides information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-19. Includes details of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) which provides all businesses, with fewer than 500 employees, funds to provide employees with paid leave, either for the employee’s own health needs or to care for family members.
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response - Business Resources Page - State of California COVID-19 dedicated webpage providing a comprehensive list of resources available to businesses in California.
- California Employment Development Department Services for Employers – Provides assistance to employers such as the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program which allows employers to seek an alternative to layoffs by retaining their trained employees by reducing their hours and wages that can be partially offset with UI benefits. Also includes details on extensions available for payment of state payroll taxes and other services available for businesses facing hardships as a result of COVID-19.
- IBank Small Business Finance Center - The SBFC offers a Disaster Relief Loan designed specifically for small businesses and nonprofits in need of assistance to overcome economic injury caused by COVID-19.
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration - During the 60-day window specified in the Governor's COVID-19 Executive Order, CDTFA is able to provide an extension to businesses of payment and prepayment of sales tax, use tax, fuel tax and other special taxes.
- California Franchise Tax Board Tax Relief - Affected taxpayers have been granted an extension to file 2019 California tax returns and make certain payments until July 15, 2020.